1. To inform you that I might be sort of MIA for the rest of the week because tomorrow I'm headed to NOLA for a work conference.
2. To comment upon a few random things associated with my NOLA trip.
Now that the first purpose has been fulfilled, would you indulge me a little as I comment upon some NOLA things? Oh, and if you're wondering, NOLA stands for New Orleans Louisiana. (LA is the abbreviation for Louisiana)
I am so excited to be able to have the opportunity to go to NOLA. It's one of my bucket list cities because it's old, Southern and home of my beloved Saints. :)
Things I Hope To Do
- Go on a ghost walk through the haunted French Quarter and visit one the famous cemeteries
- Visit the French Quarter
- Have a hurricane drink
- Eat a beignet (or 6) at Cafe Du Monde
- See the Mercedes-Benz Superdome (where my Drew plays)
- Visit some of the older homes in the Garden District
- Try bourbon
Things I'm Nervous About
- The fact that I don't eat seafood and isn't like 90% of LA cuisine seafood?
- The fact that I'm not a big drinker but will be expected to keep up with some younger...more tolerant coworkers
- I also don't really eat rice...which is the other 10% of LA cuisine
So I may be MIA this week but you can always follow along with me on Instagram to stay up to date on all things NOLA.