I thought maybe y'all would like to know about some of my football dreams. These are the 5 things that I would love to do in my lifetime...that revolve around football. Some are realistic and some are not. Some will definitely happen and some will probably not...but a girl can dream, right?
1. Attend a Saints game in the Superdome
BAM. I want to be in the heartland of the Who Dats. A true part of the Who Dat nation instead of a fan-from-a-distance. I need to be with my people. And eat a beignet.
2. Meet Drew Brees
I mentioned that some of my dreams are not realistic, but this is not one of them. I will meet him...even if I have to stalk the set of Nyquil or Wrangler* commercials.
3. Attend a home game and tailgate at Williams-Brice Stadium
I love, LOVE my Gamecocks! Being a fan-from-afar is hard too. I want to tailgate at a home game and just for once, be a part of the amazingness that is a home game at Williams-Brice Stadium. Hello SANDSTORM!?!?!
4. Watch a football game in a skybox
Of course, I could kill 2 birds with one stone if it were a Gamecocks or Saints game, but I'd love to watch ANY game from the Skybox. Even my hometown team!! (which I'm growing to like more and more though I still don't like the quarterback)
5. Meet one of the following players:
Tony Romo (hate the team, but he's precious! those dimples!)
RGIII (does he not just seem like a cool guy???)
Eli Manning (he's also PRESH!)
DeAngelo Williams (he looks like a pony when he runs)
Now For Some Commentary:
- My fantasy football draft is Monday. Wish me luck! Instead of picking a hilarious punny team name involving an NFL player that I may or may not end up drafting, I've decided to go the complete opposite direction and pick a team name that just really showcases my personality.
So, ladies and gentlemen, this year, my team is called the
- How 'bout them Gamecocks last night, y'all??
- I'm slowly becoming more appreciate of the Panthers. It helps to spur me in the right direction that M is a HUGE fan. So, I'm okay with that. Plus, they're my hometown team. And they have pretty colors. The end.
- Does anyone else draft FF players that are attractive? Or is that just me? Like, I want the players that are good AND attractive...(I'm looking at you Wes Welker). The players that are just attractive (cough...Mark Sanchez...) and not really that great won't make the list. But sadly, good/decent players that aren't attractive (Mr. Curtis Painter or Mr. Kyle Orton) won't make it. Sorry/not sorry.
*Clearly, doing Wrangler commercials for pro-athletes is a sign of impending death. Or impending retirement and I JUST SAW MY DREW DOING A WRANGLERS COMMERCIAL WITH BRETT FAVRE. I'm so sad. Him and Dale Jr. Guhross.
Linking up with SARAH!