Hello, my bloggy friends.
I normally write my blog posts the night before (or a few days before sometimes) but last night I just wasn't in a jovial mood. So, I just decided NOT to post anything today.
But after I've been up, and at work for a few hours, I felt the need to blog. Does that ever happen to anyone else? Perhaps I'm just one of those "creative in the morning" people. Eh. Anywho, I've got some various odds and ends to share with you today.
1. I had a pretty stanky (I MIGHT have invented that word) week at work. Without going in to a lot of detail, I got blamed for some stuff that I didn't do wrong by a coworker. Also, my frustration with a vendor that I deal with daily had built up to astronomical proportions and the thought of working with them again was, quite frankly, not appealing. Finally, a week of dealing with a few not-so-friendly people didn't really give me high hopes for my favorite day of the week.
2. And then...Friday happened. Just this morning I had two supervisors tell me what a great job I'm doing...and one of them was my boss', boss.You see, I'd worked here a whole MONTH before my boss had her baby and I had to take over her responsibilities. So, it was nice to know that people feel like I've handled them well and am a good addition to the team.
3. I'm considering celebrating my happy mood with guacamole.
4. I also learned that certain guacamole is considered clean...AND it's healthy as long as it isn't too salty. There's a great restaurant near my work that puts the simplest things in their guac, but it's delicious: avocados, jalapenos, tomatoes, onion, sea salt, fresh squeezed lime juice. MAN, it's good!
5. I'm kind of sad that the very last Christmas episode of the Office aired last week. This show has been a part of my life for so long...it will be dearly missed.
6. Lastly, if you ever need to get out of a funk or change a bad mood, I recommend this site. If, for no other reason, than to laugh at things like this...