Can I just talk about some #firstworldproblems for a minute? I'm having some issues with Google-slash-Blogger.
1. The custom domain name I purchased "thestripedflamingoblog.com" expired (unbeknownst to me).
2. I did not realize this until after it expired, of course.
3. I'm unable to login to my Google Apps account OR Google Admin Console to update my payment info to renew it, for whatever reason.
4. To remedy this, I attempted to purchase another domain name and set it up...but am running through a whole gamut of issues syncing that up with Blogger. (of course)
5. I really would love to use my old domain name...and I doubt seriously that someone has purchased it already, right? I don't know.
I just want it to be simple. I would pay for someone to fix all of this, but Google is changing everything and basically just frustrating the crap out of users. Like me.
I kind of just want to throw in the towel. But I love blogging. I guess I'm being a primadonna, because my blog is still readable (even if by the old, no-longer-relevant blogspot address) but all my archived links don't work and THAT'S frustrating. The other frustrating part is that a lot of my traffic or whatever is tied to my thestripedflamingoblog.com url, so starting over with a new domain (or even a new blog) will cause me to lose a lot of traffic and such. I know that's so vain to say...but it makes my heart hurt a little. Sigh. I know, y'all. First world problems. But I just can't help but be frustrated with this. :(
Have any of you encountered any issues lately with Blogger/Google and custom domains or Google apps or have any of you made the switch to WordPress? What would you do in my sitch?
For right now you can use my old blogspot URL to get to my blog or this new domain name I purchased through a third party. If I have to switch everything over to it, I will, but I would love to keep my old one.