It's important to learn things about your friends, family members or close acquaintances and know their preferences. As readers of TSF, you really "get me" if you...
- Let me loosely commit to your plans and then maybe not do them. You know I'm a habitual hermit and don't like to be away from my shell for a long time.
- Tag me in cute animal videos but only really ones of goats, seals, donkeys and dogs.
- Recognize my nervousness around children and offer to help or step in if I'm alone with one.
- Tell me when or if one of my extensions are visible. #weavecheck
- Let me take over planning your event. It's a secret joy of mine.
- Don't ask to borrow my shoes. There are just some lines that don't get crossed.
- Offer me Oreo anything.
- Understand that I'm not lying when I tell you I'm an introvert and know that you can be an introvert and force yourself to be an extrovert in certain situations.
- Give me side hugs.
- Ask me trivia questions or compliment me on my random knowledge of things.
- Tell me my house is decorated nicely. I'm constantly trying to make it an un-achievable mix of homey, put together, fancy, inviting, cool, open, airy and contemporary. Oh and personalized. It takes a lot of my time and effort.
What about you? What do people that really get you do?