Well, blog friends, today is my birthday. Yep. The big 2-7. I'm celebrating it tonight with a few of my friends at this sweet little fondue place on the river called The Little Dipper AND my birthday just happens to fall on a Wednesday, which is Ladies Night. Boom Chicka Wow Wow!
When I look back over my 27 years of life I'll admit that my life has taken so many turns and gone in so many directions I never could have fathomed and I can honestly say that I regret none of it. Not one single bit. Even the bad parts have taught me something about myself or how I interact with others. Most of all, I can see the story of God's grace and how His hand has guided me and protected me in everything over the last 27 years.
So, you might skim over the next part, or not even read it at all. That's okay. I write these things more for cathartic reasons than anything else. If you care, keep reading, if not, have a wonderful, HAPPY Wednesday.
In honor of my 27th birthday, here are 27 facts/statements about moi. If you'd rather the abbreviated version, you can check out my newly-updated About Me page.
1. I'm learning to eat and appreciate fruits and vegetables.
2. I already have my future childrens' names picked out, even though I'm not sure if I'll have kids.
3. I once was on a billboard when I was in high school.
4. I can't wait to live somewhere that I can paint the walls. Renting is fine for now, but not being able to paint is the pits.
5. I haven't been to a Target since Thanksgiving. I know. This coming from the girl who used to go multiple times per week.
6. I consider myself a pretty savvy online shopper. I just bought a dress, a skirt and 2 tops from Old Navy for a total cost (to me) of .27.
7. I'm allergic to almost everything living.
8. Surprisingly, I'm not allergic to any foods.
9. I don't eat seafood or vegetab....scratch the last one. The first part is still true.
10. I enjoy vaccuuming. Also, I'm not sure how to REALLY spell "vaccuuming".
11. I can't wait for spring. Why? Because I can wear pastels. My fave.
12. I went to beach last Saturday just to sit and read. I stayed for about 15 minutes. Why? Oh, because it was 40 degrees outside.
13. I just recently got rid of cable and got a Roku. It's a device that works via wireless internet and plays on your tv. Because of Hulu and Netflix I am watching SO many shows that I would never have watched before.
14. (Referencing #13) For example, Downton Abbey, Hart of Dixie, Once Upon a Time and Switched at Birth.
15. I have a girl crush on Carrie Underwood. Not so much her music...but her. She's blonde, southern and not afraid of big hair. :)
16. To this day, I'm afraid of thunderstorms because one of my first memories of one was Hurricane Hugo. If there is one at night, I will wake up in a cold sweat. Never fail.
17. My favorite pair of shoes are my gold, glittery platform pumps. The heel is a mere 4".
18. I love statement necklaces.
19. I've fallen for this amazing-albeit-limited-edition scent from Victoria's Secret Drenched in Pink collection. The scent is Fresh and Fierce. It's pretty amazing, but I'm spacing out how much I use it so I don't run out too quickly.
20. I got a curling wand for Christmas and I love using it! I've only burned myself on it once.
21. I don't like monkeys. They creep me out.
22. I only sleep on satin pillowcases if I can help it.
23. I have around 60 cousins. (1st and 2nd)
24. I have recently given myself an ombre nail color treatment and I LOVE it. (there may or may not be a tutorial coming soon...)
25. I have not really been a huge fan of pies.
26. I need to add more monogrammed things into my life.
27. I have had a blessed 27 years of life and I look forward to a lot more!