M and I have been on a protein and (some) dairy diet for few days now. It's phase one of a weight loss program I'm doing that M has decided to do along with me. (the food part) This recipe was given to me by one of the trainers/counselors from the program and once I made it I KNEW I had to share with y'all. It's seriously SO good! It's got a lot of protein and very little carbs. I made it on a Wednesday and we ate it all through the rest of the week and weekend for breakfast. It's great to make ahead and cut into squares to portion out your meals and can even be cut, bagged and frozen for future use.
Southwestern Egg Beaters (15.8 oz carton)
1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
2 cups Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
My modifications: I used regular Egg Beaters instead of Southwestern, reduced sodium Taco Seasoning and 2% milk shredded cheese.
1. Brown the ground turkey until pink is gone. Add taco seasoning according to directions on packet.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray and pour a thin layer of Egg Beaters.
4. Cover with seasoned ground turkey.
5. Evenly spread shredded cheese over turkey.
6. Add remaining Egg Beaters evenly over the top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
217 Calories per serving
26 grams of protein
2 grams of carbs