Hello, my name is April and I'm a magazine-aholic.
(all together, "Hello April!")
Okay, okay, so maybe I've not officially been diagnosed or treated for this addiction, but it definitely has become more apparent over the last year or two that I am clearly OBSESSED with them. I mean, there really is little else in the world that is better than opening up a fresh issue of the latest magazine.
The smells. Glossy paper has a smell, you know...and the perfume ads!
The ads. I'm quite the sucker for color and pretty pictures.
The articles. Even though I already know the best way to wear red lipstick or how to remove a stain from the couch, I can't help but gorge on these articles.
The time. I'll be honest, reading a magazine does feel a little self-indulgent at times. I mean, I could be doing a million other things, but taking a few minutes (or an hour) to go through a magazine is really necessary for my sanity. :) I've often found myself putting off reading EVERYTHING in the magazine because I don't want to be done with it already.
Does anyone else feel this way? Are any of you backing away from your computer and glancing around maniacally?
Don't be afraid. They don't take the place of REAL relationships or anything...they just make me happy. And speaking of happy, I'm going on vacation next week, well to the beach to be exact, and I'll need to stock up on some mags for my trip. Below are my Top 5 FAVORITE magazines...each of which I'll be purchasing for said beach trip.
1) Cosmopolitan. Y'all, I know. But it really does have good stuff in there OTHER than all the sex articles. Yeesh.
2) Good Housekeeping. Everything I love under one cover...home stuff, fashion, beauty, gardening, family. OH!
3) Glamour/Lucky. Tie between these two. They are both excellent and full of great fashion advice and style ideas.
4) Real Simple. I cannot explain why I love this magazine so much. Mostly because of their covers... :)
5) Cooking with Paula Deen. Don't hate. I love me some Paula...oh, and the Christmas issues are ridiculously awesome!
What about you? Do you like magazines? What are some of your faves?? I'd love to know!