I don't normally do weekend recap posts, but because I had such a wonderful weekend, I figured I'd share my joy with y'all today.:)
First off, I went camping on Friday night and Saturday. Let me just say that I'm definitely not really an outdoorsy-type chick, so this was a big step for me to voluntarily go into the woods and sleep in a tent surrounded by nature and animals and darkness. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it and will definitely plan on going again sometime...now that I know what to expect. Also, weirdly, I managed to live up to many people's expectations by having a hot pink sleeping bag. Eh...
Here are a few pics I took from the trip. We went on a little hike Saturday morning around Lake Wylie. It was beautiful there and I might have even been convinced to try kayaking at some point.
The rest of the weekend highlights were:
- Cookout Barbecue and a corn dog on Saturday.
- Homemade tacos for lunch.
- Hanging out with the B and watching movies.
- Church on Sunday morning.
- Mother's Day spaghetti lunch at my parents' house with me, the B, the sister and the sister's boyfriend.
- Making Mini Lemon Condensed Pies
- Chili's for dinner on Sunday. (chips & salsa, quesadillas & a MOLTEN)
- Beautiful, warm weather on Saturday and Sunday. Sunny and in the high 70s/low 80s.
No, I'm not ashamed that most of the highlights of my weekend revolved around food. Weekends like this make it hard to want to start the work week back again.
Hopefully, all of you had good weekends too. Happy Monday!