I love music. I listen to many artists and genres across the spectrum of music and have quite an eclectic taste in it.
There are a few songs, however, that no matter when and where I hear them, they remind me of a time, place, event or person. They take me back to that initial moment when I heard the song.
So, for today's Top 5 Tuesday, I'm sharing the top 5 songs that cause me to reminisce.
1. "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai. Curse you, Napoleon Dynamite. I'll never be able to listen to this song again without picturing that amazing talent show dance sequence in my head.
2. "Waterfalls" by TLC. This one takes me straight back to elementary school. Fifth grade to be specific. I remember learning (and performing) the rap part with my friends. Yes, my dear blog readers, I RAPPED it. [shudder]
3. "Mama Mia" by Abba. I used to work at a ladies (circuit training) gym. We had a few CDs that were on repeat throughout the day. This soundtrack was one of them. I can't bear to listen to any of these songs anymore, nor will I watch the movie. Just imagine 8 hours of non-stop Abba. Ugh. [NOTE: I'm not even willing to go to youtube to find a clip of the song to reference it. I hate it that much.]
4. "Consuming Fire" by Third Day. Ah, yes. I used to sing in a band that did this song quite frequently. I still have a soft place in my heart for it.
5. "Time of Your Life" by GreenDay. On the last day of school during my junior year of high school, my English teacher sang this song (a capella) to our class. I was torn between shock that he had the guts to sing it in front of mean and rude teenagers (and he had a good voice too!) and sadness because I realized I was growing up really, really fast.
What about you? Are there any songs that do it for you too? Perhaps something reminds you of your high school graduation or your first crush or even the birth of your children?