Now, there are many things that I've been told that HAVEN'T come true yet. Like, when my pre-calculus teacher said I'd always need to know how to solve for x, no matter what. Psshaw. That's why I work in PR. HA!
But for every one of the pre-cal lessons, there are ones that are actually true and that I've (sadly) had to learn the hard way. Some of these I grew up hearing from my mother or other family members and some I heard from school/friends or just throughout the course of life.
1. Dishes Don't Do Themselves. I don't know exactly where this came from, but whoever the bearer of this bad news was is probably better off remaining anonymous. I hate doing dishes. I hate unloading and loading the dishwasher. But I also hate having a full sink. If only my dishes would just do themselves. I used to have dreams that the little Scrubbing Bubbles guys could do dishes too. Sigh...
2. Time Does Heal. This has been revealed as a truth to me in many aspects of life, but it is true that time does heal all things. Time will heal pain, hurt, wounds, sadness, despair and loneliness. The further you become removed from an event or a series of events, the easier it becomes to function without it or because of it.
3. Always Be Prepared. Why do I have a mobile pharmacy in purse? Why do I have an emergency survival kit under my bed? Because you can't EVER be too prepared but you CAN be caught in need. In my mind, this is also the same as always being overdressed instead of underdressed. HA.
4. Too Good to Be True. Boy, is this one true. If it looks good, the price is good, the story is good and you see no flaws...back away slowly and then turn and run.
5. Money Can't Buy Happiness. I'm in one of the most financially-strapped times in my life at the moment...and I couldn't be happier. Yeah, having money is good and helpful and can alleviate stress, but nothing can put a price on being happy and I'm proof of that.
6. God is in Control. Above all, the Master has me in the palm of his hand. However cliche it might be to say something like this to other people going through a tough time (I do not suggest it) it is still the ultimate truth that God is sovereign and in control. He will bless those who bless him. He holds the world in His hand and is the ultimate source of all life. He reigns justly and mercifully. His ways are above our ways and thank the LORD for that.
Y'all have a good Tuesday and come back tomorrow for a few more outfit posts! Yay!