Now, we all know that no one is perfect. So, I'm negotiable on some of these. I'll note the ones that I'm NOT negotiable.
Call me shallow, but y'all know you had a list of "wants" in a mate or partner, right? Well, I'm just publicizing mine with the hope that the potential Mr. Geiger will read and take heed.
1. He must be a Christian. This one is non-negotiable. And, not just an "I believe in God" Christian, but a Bible-reading, spiritual leader.
2. He must like and know about football. This is a non-negotiable. Real men like football. The end. ;)
3. He must be able to tolerate dogs. This is a non-negotiable. I have a dog child. If a man couldn't at least tolerate him (because love will inevitably come with Hewitt) then we can't be.
4. He must be able to tolerate all of the voices I talk in. I have a voice that I use with my roommate, with my dog, with my friends. It's weird, I know.
5. He should drive a nice car. As to what I'm "nice" is negotiable, however, air-conditioner is a definite necessity. Shallow much?
6. He should be more than reasonably attractive. Perhaps a little less attractive than me...there is something to be said about being the prettier person in a relationship. I'm just sayin'...HA!
7. He should not be a couch potato at all times. He should want to do things with me...like go to the beach, or the dog park, teach me how to sail and/or paddleboard, or needlepoint or something.
8. He should be a good communicator. Relationships are hard enough without a lack of communication...seriously. Or, if not a good communicator, then he's working on it. This is non-negotiable.
9. He should respect traditional (and Biblical) gender roles. I don't mean pick out my outfits or tell me what I can and can't eat... it's something much deeper than that. See Ephesians 5 or 1 Corinthians 7.
10. He should be able to get along with or hang out with my family and vice-versa. You marry me, you marry my family and are stuck with us, for lack of a better term. This is non-negotiable.
Honorable Mention: Must love chocolate. How in the world would we ever share dessert if he didn't like chocolate? Even I'd get tired of that much banana pudding. The end.
Honorable Mention 2: He could dress like this and I wouldn't hate it.
Okay, now that I've totally outed my shallow side. How about sharing some of your must-have characteristics in a mate/partner?